Spinach and Tomato Crustless Quiche
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1-- onion, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2teaspoon dried basil
- 1-- (12-ounce) container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1large egg
- 2large egg whites
- 1-- (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained very well.
- 1cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 4-- Roma (plum) tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a large skillet with nonsitck cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, saute the onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and basil. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cottage cheese with the egg and egg whites. Add to the onion mixture. Mix in the spinach and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Spoon into a 9-inch pie plate coated with nonstick cooking spray. Smooth the top and bake, uncovered, 25 minutes. Remove from oven and arrange the tomatoes in an overlapping circle on top of the quiche. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 142
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 56mg
- Sodium 404mg
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 17g