- 1/2pound uncooked whole wheat pasta
- 3cups baby spinach
- 1cup cherry tomatoes
- 1cup parmesan, grated
- 3/4cup walnuts
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
blog comments powered by
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, toast walnuts until golden, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine spinach, parmesan, walnuts, lemon juice, salt and pepper. While slowly adding the olive oil into the food processor, puree until smooth and blended, about 30 seconds.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine pasta and spinach pesto.
- Garnish with shaved or grated parmesan and cherry tomatoes, if desired.
This recipe originally appeared as Spinach and Toasted Walnut Pesto on In Sock Monkey Slippers.