Spinach and Raspberry Salad with Pine Nuts
- Yield 4 servings
An easy spinach salad dressed up with raspberries, Mexican cheese and pine nuts
This salad can be prepared a few hours ahead and tossed with the dressing just before serving. For a more exotic twist, try walnut or hazelnut oil in place of olive oil. They have incredible flavor and can be found in many supermarkets and gourmet markets.
- 4 cups fresh spinach or baby spinach leaves
- 1 pint raspberries, well washed
- 3/4 cup crumbled queso blanco or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 6 green onions, sliced paper-thin
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine all ingredients and toss well. Serve immediately.