Spinach and Melon Salad with Honey Citrus Vinaigrette
- Yield 6 servings
Looking for a great summer salad that’s refreshing, colorful, and jam-packed with flavor? Give your taste buds a thrill with this fruity spinach salad accented with Maple Pecans, if desired.
- Mapel Pecans
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Honey Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- dash hot sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup cubed seeded watermelon
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thin red onion slices, halved
- Honey Citrus Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Maple Pecans (optional, recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Mix pecans and syrup in a small bowl. Spread across pan and bake 10 minutes, or until toasty brown.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss with pecans and dressing.