Spinach and Gruyère Gratin
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2cups whole milk
- 3/4cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 4 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Butter a shallow 6-cup baking dish.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add flour and salt; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until slightly thickened. Stir in Gruyère and spinach. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Add panko and cook, stirring, until golden, 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmigiano Reggiano. Sprinkle over spinach. Bake 25 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 200
- Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 623mg
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 10g