Spinach and Feta Cheese Quiche
- Yield 6 servings
This quiche features nutrient rich spinach and feta cheese.
- 4 ounces Feta cheese, well rinsed, patted dry, and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 -- 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 -- eggs
- -- Parmesan cheese
- -- Minced green onion
- -- Minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375F. Combine first 6 ingredients in mixing bowl and blend well. Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese on pie shell. Spoon spinach mixture over top. Heat cream. Beat eggs and add warm cream, beating well. Slowly pour over spinach mixture, allowing spinach to absorb liquid before adding more. Sprinkle top with extra Parmesan, onion, and parsley. Bake about 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Birmingham’s Magic (Birmingham, Alabama, 1982).