Spinach and Cherry Tomato Risotto
- Yield 4 servings
This colorful gluten-free and vegan entrée is a healthy, festive choice for a holiday dinner.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped spinach (if using frozen spinach, thaw and dry before cooking)
- 1 cup aborio rice
- 1/2 cup vegan white wine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- In a medium saucepan, heat vegetable broth over medium heat; keep at a low simmer.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan. Add garlic and sauté until soft. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Add rice and coat with oil. Add wine and cook until mostly absorbed.
- Add one ladleful of broth. Stir until absorbed. Continue adding broth one ladleful at a time until all of the broth has been absorbed.
- Slice tomatoes in half. Toss tomatoes in risotta, and heat together for a minute or two.
Reprinted with permission from Kim Lutz with Megan Hart’s Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen and Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes (Sterling, June 2011).