Spinach and Asiago Frittata
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (white and light green part only)
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 2tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 4cups torn fresh spinach
- 1medium yellow or red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1/2teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- Saute the leek and garlic in the heated olive oil in an ovenproof 10-inch skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes or until tender. Add the spinach and saute for 1 minute or until the spinach wilts. Remove from the heat and stir in the bell pepper, thyme, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Mix in the eggs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Loosen the frittata from the pan with a flexible spatula and remove carefully to a plate. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup remaining cheese. Cut into wedges.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Waterloo-Cedar Falls, Iowa, First Impressions, Dining with Distinction (the Junior League of Waterloo-Cedar Falls, Iowa, Inc., 2001).