Spicy Walnut Torta
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 35 mins
Easy-to-Prepare, Flavorful Torta with Southwest Feel Gets Healthy
- 1-1/4 cup yolk-free egg product (or 8 eggs)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, roasted if desired
- 1/4 cup diced mild green chilis
Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Pour egg product into large bowl. Sift combined flour and baking powder over egg. Beat until completely blended. Beat in cottage and cheddar cheese, walnuts and chilies. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven about 35 minutes until puffy and set and knife inserted slightly off center comes out clean.