Spicy Walnut Torta
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- 1-1/4cup yolk-free egg product (or 8 eggs)
- 1/4cup flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2cup chopped walnuts, roasted if desired
- 1/4cup diced mild green chilis
Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Pour egg product into large bowl. Sift combined flour and baking powder over egg. Beat until completely blended. Beat in cottage and cheddar cheese, walnuts and chilies. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven about 35 minutes until puffy and set and knife inserted slightly off center comes out clean.