Spicy Thai Soup
- Yield 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (or more to taste)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup bite-size broccoli florets
- 1 cup packed finely chopped bok choy
- 1 green onion, finely chopped, including top
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix broth, ginger, garlic, and jalapeño pepper in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add mushrooms and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and bok choy. Simmer until broccoli is tender but still bright green and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Stir in green onion and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Healthy Eating for Life to Prevent and Treat Diabetes by Patricia Bertron, R.D.; recipe by Jennifer Raymond, M.S., R.D., courtesy of The Cancer Project