Spicy Tequila Bloody Mary Cocktail
- Yield: 6 servings
- 46ounces tomato or vegetable juice
- 1ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon Tabasco sauce or Louisiana hot sauce
- 2tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1pinch celery salt
- 1pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1pinch smoked paprika
- 1pinch red pepper flakes
- 1ounce fresh lime juice
- 12ounces tequila
- Lime wedges and cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Combine tomato juice, lemon juice, Tabasco sauce, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt and black pepper in a large container with a tight-fitting lid. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. The Bloody Mary mix may be made up to 3 days ahead. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Add paprika, red pepper flakes and add lime juice to the Bloody Mary mix and stir well. Fill each glass with ice cubes, add 2 ounces of tequila, top off with the Bloody Mary mix, and stir. Garnish with a lime wedge and a cherry tomato, and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Happy Hour at Home by Barbara Scott-Goodman (Running Press, 2013).