Spicy Striped Bass Tacos
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 1/4teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1pound striped bass fillets, skinned
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 4teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 8-- crispy corn taco shells or 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2cup ripe avocado, chopped
- 2cups packaged coleslaw mix
- Combine 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 teaspoons chili powder and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush over the fillets and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining lime juice and chili powder with olive oil, vinegar and salt in a small bowl. Mix well with a fork and set aside.
- Broil fillets 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Fill each taco shell with about ½ cup coleslaw mixture. Break fish apart into large chunks with fork, and place chunks in each taco shell or tortilla, on top of coleslaw. Sprinkle fish with one tablespoon of avocado. Drizzle with dressing or salsa and serve immediately.