Spicy Striped Bass Tacos
- Yield 4 servings
Striped bass works wonderfully in these tacos.
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound striped bass fillets, skinned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 -- crispy corn taco shells or 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup ripe avocado, chopped
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- Combine 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 teaspoons chili powder and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush over the fillets and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining lime juice and chili powder with olive oil, vinegar and salt in a small bowl. Mix well with a fork and set aside.
- Broil fillets 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Fill each taco shell with about ½ cup coleslaw mixture. Break fish apart into large chunks with fork, and place chunks in each taco shell or tortilla, on top of coleslaw. Sprinkle fish with one tablespoon of avocado. Drizzle with dressing or salsa and serve immediately.