Spicy Stir-Fried Corn and Broccoli
- Yield 4 servings
With Chinese technique and Thai flavors, this fresh and flavorful side dish pairs perfectly with grilled or roasted chicken
- 1 large stalk broccoli
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed, corn, or other neutral oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 large ear) or whole baby corn (sliced in half if larger)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed and minced
- 1 fresh Thai chile, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Soy sauce
- Cut the florets off of the broccoli and cut any large florets into 1-inch pieces. Peel the stem and cut at an angle into ¹∕8-inch-thick slices.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the broccoli and corn and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add 3 tablespoons of water and continue to stir-fry until the broccoli is bright green and just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Decrease the heat to medium and stir in the lemongrass, chile, and garlic. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and tender, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with soy sauce and, if needed, salt and serve immediately.
Recipes reprinted with permission from I Love Corn by Lisa Skye (Andrews McMeel Publishing).