Spicy Snack Mix
- Yield 12 cups servings
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning, optional
- 4 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups Bugles snacks
- 2 cups small corn chips
- 2 cups mini cheese-flavored crackers
- 2 cups pizza- or cheese-flavored goldfish crackers
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 250F. Melt butter in oven in a roasting pan.
- Remove pan from oven and stir in seasonings. Add Crispix, Bugles, corn chips, cheese crackers and goldfish crackers; mix well to coat.
- Bake 15 minutes. Add Parmesan and stir to coat well. Bake 30 minutes longer, or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered containers. The mix freezes well in containers or zip-top plastic freezer bags.
—Recipe by Page Gray, Duncan, Okla.