Spicy Snack Mix
- Yield: 12 cups servings
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter
- 4teaspoons chili powder
- 1teaspoon garlic salt
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon onion salt
- 1teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning, optional
- 4cups Crispix cereal
- 2cups Bugles snacks
- 2cups small corn chips
- 2cups mini cheese-flavored crackers
- 2cups pizza- or cheese-flavored goldfish crackers
- 1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 250F. Melt butter in oven in a roasting pan.
- Remove pan from oven and stir in seasonings. Add Crispix, Bugles, corn chips, cheese crackers and goldfish crackers; mix well to coat.
- Bake 15 minutes. Add Parmesan and stir to coat well. Bake 30 minutes longer, or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered containers. The mix freezes well in containers or zip-top plastic freezer bags.
—Recipe by Page Gray, Duncan, Okla.