Spicy Shrimp Ceviche
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 20 minutes
- Cook 5 minutes
Lime juice, ginger, habanero pepper and garlic add punch to lightly sauteed shrimp from Crisco Cooking Oils.
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped habanero or jalapeno pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion wedges
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup prepared popcorn
- Heat oil in large skillet over low heat. Add shrimp; sprinkle with salt. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until opaque, turning halfway through cooking time. Drain cooking oil into a medium bowl. Allow shrimp to cool.
- Add lime juice, ginger, habanero pepper and garlic to cooking oil. Cut shrimp in half lengthwise. Add to oil mixture and stir to coat. Cover and chill about 30 minutes. Stir in onion and cilantro. Serve with popcorn.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Cooking Oils.