Spicy Shrimp Ceviche
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4cup cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/3cup fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 1tablespoon finely chopped habanero or jalapeno pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2cup very thinly sliced red onion wedges
- 3tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1cup prepared popcorn
- Heat oil in large skillet over low heat. Add shrimp; sprinkle with salt. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until opaque, turning halfway through cooking time. Drain cooking oil into a medium bowl. Allow shrimp to cool.
- Add lime juice, ginger, habanero pepper and garlic to cooking oil. Cut shrimp in half lengthwise. Add to oil mixture and stir to coat. Cover and chill about 30 minutes. Stir in onion and cilantro. Serve with popcorn.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Cooking Oils.