Spicy Rigatoni with Lemon, Chili and Spinach
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 4cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta al dente, according to directions. Rinse in cold water and drain well. This step can be done up to 2 days prior to preparingremainder of recipe.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and chile flakes. Saute for 1 minute until garlic just begins to take on a golden color. Immediately add cooked pasta and saute for 2 minutes to heat through.
- Add spinach and saute 1 minute longer until wilted. Add lemon juice and parmesan.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 521
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 225mg
- Carbohydrate 89g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 22g