Spicy Red Bell Pepper Dip
- Yield 12 servings
You can spice things up a bit at your next dinner party by serving this hot dip.
- 1 small red onion, peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 -- (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 12 -- fresh basil leaves, or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- -- Red and green bell peppers, cut into strips
- -- Mushrooms, halved
- -- Grape tomatoes
- -- Asparagus spears, blanched
- -- Bagel chips
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place the onion in a small baking dish. Drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes or until soft. Let cool. Puree the onion, roasted peppers and basil in a food processor. Add the cream cheese and process just until combined. Remove to a bowl and stir in horseradish, salt and cayenne. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Place the bowl of dip in the center of a serving platter. Surround with bell pepper strips, mushroom halves, tomatoes, asparagus spears and bagel chips.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Augusta’s Par 3: Tea Time at the Masters (the Junior League of Augusta, Ga., 2005).