Spicy Quinoa Paella
- Yield servings
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 4 ounces chicken, cubed
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- Heat a skillet over medium- high heat. Coat with olive oil spray.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and bell pepper for 4 to 5 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in the pepper flakes, oregano, coriander, and zucchini and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to cook all sides.
- Add the quinoa and allow it to toast for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the broth, lower the heat, and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked through and the broth is absorbed.
- Add the spinach and stir in until wilted.
Reprinted with permission from The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin by Bob Harper with Greg Critser. Copyright © 2012 by Bob Harper. Reprinted by arrangement with Ballantine Books, an imprint of The Random House Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.