Spicy Pasta Salad
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
The tomatoes and green chiles give this super low-fat vegetarian salad a real bite.
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti (tubular) pasta
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 4 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, tomatoes and chiles, broccoli, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and green onions; mix well.
- Mix together vinegar, Italian dressing and garlic powder, and toss with salad before serving.