Spicy Noodle Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- Spicy noodle salad:
- 1package (16 ounce) angel hair pasta
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2medium carrots, grated
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- Asian dressing:
- 1/3cup soy sauce
- 1/4cup white wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons red chili sauce
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 2tablespoons sesame oil
- 2tablespoons finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 4cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2teaspoon dried chile flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
For the salad:
- Cook the pasta in boiling water in a saucepan for 8 minutes; drain.
- Toss the pasta with the oil in a bowl. Add the carrots, green onions and chilled Asian Dressing to the pasta and mix well.
For the Asian dressing:
- Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, chile flakes and black pepper in a bowl until combined.
- Add the vegetable oil gradually, whisking until incorporated. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Dallas, Dallas Dish (Junior League of Dallas, 2005)