Spicy Noodle Salad
- Yield 8 servings
For variety, add chopped cooked chicken breasts or other vegetables such as sugar snap peas.
- Spicy noodle salad:
- 1 package (16 ounce) angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Asian dressing:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoon dried chile flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
For the salad:
- Cook the pasta in boiling water in a saucepan for 8 minutes; drain.
- Toss the pasta with the oil in a bowl. Add the carrots, green onions and chilled Asian Dressing to the pasta and mix well.
For the Asian dressing:
- Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, chile flakes and black pepper in a bowl until combined.
- Add the vegetable oil gradually, whisking until incorporated. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Dallas, Dallas Dish (Junior League of Dallas, 2005)