Spicy Miso Chicken Tacos
- Yield 12 servings
These chicken thighs are marinated and cooked in a spicy miso sauce and served on tortillas.
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup mirin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown miso
- 12 boneless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- Thinly sliced cabbage
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- To prepare sauce and marinade, combine all ingredients and bring to boil. Remove from heat and let cool. Once the marinade has cooled, set aside 1/4 cup marinade for glazing chicken.
- To prepare chicken, place chicken thighs in a zip-top plastic bag. Add remaining marinade and seal bag. Place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add chicken and sauté until done, about 12 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Add onions and jalapenos and sauté 5 minutes.
- Place chicken on tortillas, drizzle with reserved marinade and top with onions, jalapeños, cabbage, cilantro and lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Marination, Seattle, Washington.