Mango Chicken Pizza
- Yield 4 servings
- Pizza Dough
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water, 105 115 degrees
- 4 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 ounce fresh basil leaves, reserve 2 tablespoons sliced for the topping
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot chili paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 -- ripe mangos, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinnly sliced
Make pizza dough, combine flours, yeast, salt & sugar in a food processor with the dough
"plastic blade" or electric mixer with the paddle……add warm water; mix until a smooth ball is formed and dough pulls away from the sides, about 1 minute.
Place the dough into a greased bowl. Cover with plastic, let rise 30 minutes, dough will be almost doubled. Punch down dough; divide dough into 3 pieces. Roll one piece into a 12-14 inch circle. Place on oiled baking sheet. Refrigerate remaining dough balls in zip lock plastic bag, will keep up to 5 days. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine spinach, basil and olive oil into a food processor, blend until smooth. Spread over pizza dough.
Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes, toss with curry and salt, let set 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, ginger and garlic, cook until done, well browned and no longer pink in he middle, about 5 minutes. Add hot chili paste and sweet chili sauce.
Top spinach pesto with mozzarella cheese, cooked chicken, mango and red pepper. Turn oven up to 450 degrees, put pizza on bottom rack and bake for 12-16 minutes, until crust is lightly browned. Sprinkle with reserved basil.
Cut into 8 slices, serves 4.