Mango Chicken Pizza
- Yield: 4 servings
- Pizza Dough
- 2cups whole wheat flour
- 2cups all purpose flour
- 1package active dry yeast
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2cups warm water, 105 115 degrees
- 4ounces fresh spinach
- 1ounce fresh basil leaves, reserve 2 tablespoons sliced for the topping
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 12ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 2teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1teaspoon hot chili paste
- 2tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 4ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1-- ripe mangos, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1medium red bell pepper, thinnly sliced
Make pizza dough, combine flours, yeast, salt & sugar in a food processor with the dough
"plastic blade" or electric mixer with the paddle……add warm water; mix until a smooth ball is formed and dough pulls away from the sides, about 1 minute.
Place the dough into a greased bowl. Cover with plastic, let rise 30 minutes, dough will be almost doubled. Punch down dough; divide dough into 3 pieces. Roll one piece into a 12-14 inch circle. Place on oiled baking sheet. Refrigerate remaining dough balls in zip lock plastic bag, will keep up to 5 days. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine spinach, basil and olive oil into a food processor, blend until smooth. Spread over pizza dough.
Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes, toss with curry and salt, let set 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, ginger and garlic, cook until done, well browned and no longer pink in he middle, about 5 minutes. Add hot chili paste and sweet chili sauce.
Top spinach pesto with mozzarella cheese, cooked chicken, mango and red pepper. Turn oven up to 450 degrees, put pizza on bottom rack and bake for 12-16 minutes, until crust is lightly browned. Sprinkle with reserved basil.
Cut into 8 slices, serves 4.