Spicy Mahogany Glazed Tofu
- Yield 2 to 3 servings
Hoisin and soy sauce add punch to broiled tofu.
- 1 pound firm tofu, sliced into 1/2-inch thick planks
- 1 tablespoon heaping Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat broiler. Place tofu on a broiler pan. Combine Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and chili paste. Spread evenly over the tofu slices. Broil 2 inches from heating element 7 to 9 minutes until browned and almost crispy. Sprinkle with green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds.