Spicy Lime and Cilantro Turkey Fajitas
- Yield 4 servings
Grilled turkey with a splash of lime juice and spicy cilantro sauce wrapped in warm pita rounds.
- Turkey Tenderloins:
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound turkey tenderloins, butterflied
- 1 -- Lime
- Cilantro Sauce:
- 1 cup non-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 -- (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1 -- plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 -- large pita rounds
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- To prepare the turkey, in a shallow flat dish, combine paprika, onion salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, fennel, thyme and white pepper. Rub mixture over turkey; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking. Grill turkey, 4 inches from the heat, 5 to 6 minutes per side, turning halfway through grilling time. Cook until food thermometer registers 165F in thickest part of tenderloin.
- Place on clean serving plate and squeeze lime juice over tenderloins. Slice turkey, crosswise, on the diagonal into 1/4-inch slices.
- To prepare the sauce, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, onions, cilantro, chilies, tomato, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Fill each pita half with turkey and top with cilantro sauce. Add shredded lettuce.