The National Turkey Federation
- Turkey Tenderloins:
- 1tablespoon paprika
- 1/2teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4teaspoon white pepper
- 1pound turkey tenderloins, butterflied
- 1-- Lime
- Cilantro Sauce:
- 1cup non-fat sour cream
- 1/4cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-- (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1-- plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4-- large pita rounds
- 1/2cup shredded lettuce
To prepare the turkey, in a shallow flat dish, combine paprika, onion salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, fennel, thyme and white pepper. Rub mixture over turkey; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking. Grill turkey, 4 inches from the heat, 5 to 6 minutes per side, turning halfway through grilling time. Cook until food thermometer registers 165F in thickest part of tenderloin.
Place on clean serving plate and squeeze lime juice over tenderloins. Slice turkey, crosswise, on the diagonal into 1/4-inch slices.
To prepare the sauce, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, onions, cilantro, chilies, tomato, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
Fill each pita half with turkey and top with cilantro sauce. Add shredded lettuce.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 371
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 59mg
- Sodium 841mg
- Carbohydrate 46g
- Protein 36g