Black Bean and Corn Dip
A spicy-hot bean dip that's delicious with tortilla chips or spooned over carnitas in a corn tortilla.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces extra sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) jar green salsa verde, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup cooked black beans (1 can, drained)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 or 2 dashesTabasco
- 1 large jalapeno, shaved (or very thinly sliced)
- Beat cream cheese, shredded Cheddar, sour cream, drained salsa verde, chiles and avocado together.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add frozen corn kernels and sauté 2 minutes or until thawed. Stir in drained black beans, green onions, cumin, celery salt, salt and cayenne. Cook 2 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Fold bean mixture into cheese mixture. Add Tabasco. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Cover and chill 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with shavings of fresh jalapeno.
Recipe by Nancy Vienneau and Third Thursday Potluck