Spicy Green Chile Pork
- Yield 8 servings
A tender and spicy pork tenderloin.
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless pork loin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -- (29-ounce) can green chile strips, diced
- 1 -- (8-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 -- (4-ounce) can diced jalapeno chiles
- 6 -- carrots, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon each cumin, chicken bouillon granules, minced garlic and oregano
- -- Water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Cut the pork into 1/2-inch pieces. Saute the pork in the olive oil in a large skillet until browned on all sides. Spoon the pork into a very large saucepan or stockpot. Add the green chiles, tomatoes, jalapenos, carrots, pepper, cumin, bouillon granules, garlic and oregano and mix well. Add water to desired consistency. Season with salt. Simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Service League of Grand Junction's Celebrate Colorado West of the Rockies (the Junior Service League of Grand Junction, Colorado, 2005).