Spicy Glazed Pork Steaks
- Yield 4 servings
This sweet-and-hot sauce is sure to become a favorite. Keep some on hand, covered in the refrigerator, for glazing ribs, pork chops or pork burgers on the grill.
- 4 pork steaks, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. In small bowl stir together catsup, marmalade, vinegar, celery seed, chili powder and a few shakes of hot pepper sauce. Grill pork steaks directly over fire, turning to brown evenly, about 12-15 minutes, brushing with sauce during last 4-5 minutes of grilling, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160F.
For more information on why meat needs to rest after cooking, watch this video for tips from the “Butcher Boys” of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, TN