Spicy Glazed Chicken
- Yield 4 servings
In the oven or on the grill, this spicy rub with a honey glaze turns chicken into a quick meal.
Don't buy extra vinegar; whatever you have will work.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat broiler. Cover baking sheet with foil.
- In small bowl, mix together chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and season to taste. Coat chicken with rub mixture and transfer to prepared pan. Broil 5 minutes on each side (can grill) or until chicken is done.
- In small bowl, mix honey and vinegar. Turn chicken again and baste or coat with honey mixture, cooking a few minutes or until honey starts to thicken and forms a glaze (may smoke a little).
Dietary Exchange: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence (Holly Clegg, 2012)