Spicy Deviled Eggs
- Yield: 12 servings
- 6-- hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1teaspoon whole pink peppercorns, divided
- 1/2teaspoon whole white peppercorns
- 1/2teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2teaspoon whole green peppercorns
- 1/2teaspoon caper liquid
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch sugar
- Slice the eggs in half from top to bottom. Scoop the yolks into a medium mixing bowl and lay the whites aside.
- Place all of the peppercorns, except 1/2 teaspoon of the pink peppercorns, into a spice grinder and process until ground well.
- Add the ground peppers, caper liquid, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and sugar to the egg yolks and using a fork, stir to thoroughly combine. Place the mixture into a zip-top plastic bag and cut a small hole at one of the corners.
- Pipe the mixture into each of the white halves. Coarsely grind the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of pink peppercorns and use to garnish the top of each egg. Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.