Spicy Cranberry Turkey Wrap
- Yield 4 servings
Sliced sauteed turkey cutlets are dressed up with a spicy cranberry sauce in these wraps, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 -- (12-ounce) bag cranberries, fresh or frozen*
- 1/2 cup currants or raisins
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh or jarred, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 pound turkey breast cutlets
- 1/2 cup spreadable goat cheese or cream cheese
- 4 -- flour tortillas, low fat, 10 inch
- 4 large lettuce leaves, romaine or leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -- apple, thinly sliced
- To make spicy cranberry sauce, place first ten ingredients in medium saucepan. Boil 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cranberries burst and sauce is thickened; refrigerate.
- To make the wraps, sauté cutlets in lightly oiled skillet over medium heat, 5 minutes per side until turkey is no longer pink in center and reaches internal temperature of 170 degrees. Cool and cut into strips.
- Spread 2 tablespoons cheese over tortilla to 1/2 inch of edge. Layer lettuce, 1/2 cup turkey, 1/4 cup cranberry sauce, 1/2 teaspoon cilantro and several apple slices. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold tortilla bottom and top over filling. Fold one side to center. Fold last side overlapping center and roll tight.