Spicy Cranberry Sauce
- Yield: 2 cups
- 1 (12-ounce) bag (3 cups) fresh cranberries
- 1cup pomegranate juice
- 3/4cup maple syrup
- 2teaspoons grated citrus rind (lemon, tangerine or orange)
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine cranberries and juice in a heavy, 4-quart, nonreactive saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until cranberries start to pop and juice is boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the berries are soft and juices thicken, about 25 minutes. (Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools). Stir in citrus rind and spices.
- Pour into clean, sterilized pint size jar. Cool and store in the refrigerator up to 1 month.
Recipe by Cheryl Forberg