Spicy Cranberry Sauce
- Yield 2 cups
- 1 (12-ounce) bag (3 cups) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated citrus rind (lemon, tangerine or orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine cranberries and juice in a heavy, 4-quart, nonreactive saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until cranberries start to pop and juice is boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the berries are soft and juices thicken, about 25 minutes. (Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools). Stir in citrus rind and spices.
- Pour into clean, sterilized pint size jar. Cool and store in the refrigerator up to 1 month.
Recipe by Cheryl Forberg