Spicy Citrus Beef
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
The light orange sauce with spicy notes of ginger and red pepper brings out the best of the beef.
- 1/3 cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 3 medium seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned (about 3 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, wine, cornstarch, orange rind and sugar; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute garlic, broccoli, ginger and red pepper over medium-high heat 2 minutes, stirring. Add meat and continue to saute, stirring constantly, until meat is browned. Add orange juice mixture and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add orange sections and green onions, and cook until heated, about 2 minutes.