Spicy Chipotle Chick’n Kebabs
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 package gardein™ chick’n wings (sauce not needed)
- 3 tablespoons earthbalance buttery spread
- 3 tablespoons garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced 1/8”
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 5 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Soak bamboo skewers 1 hour prior to preparation
- Thaw one bag of gardein chick’n wings
- Take 2 wings in the palm of your hand and push together. form chick’n wings around bamboo skewer and set aside.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat , melt the earth balance and add the garlic and onions , cook stirring frequently until golden.
- Add the chipotle chilies, agave nectar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and cider vinegar stir well and cook for 5 minutes until sauce is thick and sticky.
- In sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of oil. add skewers and cook 4-6 minutes until crispy and brown on both sides, be careful not to burn. Brush liberally with spicy chipotle sauce.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
For more of gardein’s meat-free recipes, visit: http://gardein.com/recipes.php.