Peruvian Chicken Skewers with Yucca
- Yield servings
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into cubes (about 1 inch)
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground achiote (annato)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup aji panca paste (peruvian chile)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 10 -- wooden skewers
- 1/4 -- vegetable oil for frying
- Fried Yucca root:
- 2 pounds yucca root cooked (peeled, boiled and cut into french fry shape)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- Huacatay Sauce:
- 1 cup cream of aji amarillo
- 2 tablespoons huacatay leaves (black mint)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped aji amarillo
Combine vinegar, cream of aji, salt, pepper, cumin, achiote, turmeric, aji-panca, and garlic in bowl add chicken and mix well. Cover and let marinate for as long as possible. Insert three pieces of Chicken on each skewer. On a hot skillet brush oil, fry the chicken brushing with the marinade constantly. When chicken is done put part of the marinade on the skillet and let cook then pour over the skewers.
Fried Yucca Root:
Pour oil into hot skillet and fry Yucca until golden and crispy. Season with salt pepper.
Mix all in blender and blend until smooth.
Plate Yucca root and garnish with chopped aji and chopped cilantro, put on the side the skewers and the Huacatay sauce on the side.