Peruvian Chicken Skewers with Yucca
- Yield: servings
- 2pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into cubes (about 1 inch)
- 3/4cup red wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon pepper
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon ground achiote (annato)
- 1teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2cup aji panca paste (peruvian chile)
- 3tablespoons minced garlic
- 10-- wooden skewers
- 1/4-- vegetable oil for frying
- Fried Yucca root:
- 2pounds yucca root cooked (peeled, boiled and cut into french fry shape)
- 3/4cup vegetable oil
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- Huacatay Sauce:
- 1cup cream of aji amarillo
- 2tablespoons huacatay leaves (black mint)
- 1tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1tablespoon chopped aji amarillo
Combine vinegar, cream of aji, salt, pepper, cumin, achiote, turmeric, aji-panca, and garlic in bowl add chicken and mix well. Cover and let marinate for as long as possible. Insert three pieces of Chicken on each skewer. On a hot skillet brush oil, fry the chicken brushing with the marinade constantly. When chicken is done put part of the marinade on the skillet and let cook then pour over the skewers.
Fried Yucca Root:
Pour oil into hot skillet and fry Yucca until golden and crispy. Season with salt pepper.
Mix all in blender and blend until smooth.
Plate Yucca root and garnish with chopped aji and chopped cilantro, put on the side the skewers and the Huacatay sauce on the side.