Spicy Chicken over Angel Hair
- Yield: 6 servings
"Watch out-the cherry peppers make this a spicy dish! They will also cause you to 'cough' when they are cooked in the hot oil."
- 3 to 4tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cherry peppers, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2pounds skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1pound angel hair pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cherry peppers, onion and bell peppers. Saute 2 minutes. Add chicken; saute 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 more minute. Add tomatoes, reduce heat to medium and simmer.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Divide pasta among serving plates. Spoon chicken mixture on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
—Cheryl Ludemann, Boonville, N.Y.