Spicy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 pound fresh/frozen (thawed) ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 -- jalapeno pepper, chopped (omit if prefer less spicy)
- 1-10 oz can diced tomatoes w/green chilies, undrained
- 1-5.5 oz package rice side dish, chicken & broccoli combo
- 1/4 -1/2 cup sour cream (according to taste)
- 1-14 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 1-1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Prepare the rice side dish per pkg. directions.
Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
Brown the ground chicken in large frying pan in small amount of vegetable oil together with onion, minced garlic and jalapeno pepper.
Add undrained diced tomato with chilies and prepared rice dish; mix well.
Add 2/3 of can of enchilada sauce, sour cream and 3/4 c. cheese; mix well.
Spoon mixture in tortillas and roll up.
Place in lightly greased baking dish seam side down.
Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle remaining 1/2 c. cheese over all.
Bake for 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees.
Makes 6 enchiladas.