Spicy Chicken Enchiladas
- Yield: <p>6</p> servings
- 1pound fresh/frozen (thawed) ground chicken
- 3tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-- jalapeno pepper, chopped (omit if prefer less spicy)
- 1-10 ozcan diced tomatoes w/green chilies, undrained
- 1-5.5 ozpackage rice side dish, chicken & broccoli combo
- 1/4 -1/2cup sour cream (according to taste)
- 1-14 oz.can enchilada sauce
- 6medium flour tortillas
- 1-1/4cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare the rice side dish per pkg. directions.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the ground chicken in large frying pan in small amount of vegetable oil together with onion, minced garlic and jalapeno pepper.
- Add undrained diced tomato with chilies and prepared rice dish; mix well.
- Add 2/3 of can of enchilada sauce, sour cream and 3/4 c. cheese; mix well.
- Spoon mixture in tortillas and roll up.
- Place in lightly greased baking dish seam side down.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle remaining 1/2 c. cheese over all.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Makes 6 enchiladas.