Spicy Cheese Fondue
- Yield: 18 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Bread Bowl & Paddles Ingredients
- 1-- (16 oz.) loaf King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- -- Olive oil
- Spicy Cheese Fondue Ingredients
- 1-- (16 oz.) pkg. Mexican-flavored American processed cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8ounces Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4cup prepared salsa
- -- Selection of vegetables for dipping, optional
Preparation for Bread Bowl & Paddles
- Carve out center core of bread within 1-inch of bottom and sides keeping bread intact; set aside.
- Cut reserved bread horizontally into 1/2-inch layers.
- Brush both sides of layers lightly with olive oil. Cut each layer into 'paddles' about 3×1 1/2×1/2-inches (about 18).
- Brush inside of bowl lightly with olive oil. Place bowl and paddles on separate baking sheets.
- Bake both in a preheated 350F oven: 11-13 minutes for bowl, 8-9 minutes for paddles, until golden brown.
Preparation for Spicy Cheese Fondue
- Melt processed cheese in saucepan over medium heat until melted.
- Stir in Jack cheese, fold in salsa.
- Pour into bread bowl.
- Arrange bread paddles and vegetables around.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 140
- Glycemic Load 0
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 240mg
- Potassium 75mg
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 2%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 4%