Spicy Cheese Fondue
- Yield 18 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- Bread Bowl & Paddles Ingredients
- 1 -- (16 oz.) loaf King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- -- Olive oil
- Spicy Cheese Fondue Ingredients
- 1 -- (16 oz.) pkg. Mexican-flavored American processed cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 ounces Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- -- Selection of vegetables for dipping, optional
Preparation for Bread Bowl & Paddles
- Carve out center core of bread within 1-inch of bottom and sides keeping bread intact; set aside.
- Cut reserved bread horizontally into 1/2-inch layers.
- Brush both sides of layers lightly with olive oil. Cut each layer into 'paddles' about 3×1 1/2×1/2-inches (about 18).
- Brush inside of bowl lightly with olive oil. Place bowl and paddles on separate baking sheets.
- Bake both in a preheated 350F oven: 11-13 minutes for bowl, 8-9 minutes for paddles, until golden brown.
Preparation for Spicy Cheese Fondue
- Melt processed cheese in saucepan over medium heat until melted.
- Stir in Jack cheese, fold in salsa.
- Pour into bread bowl.
- Arrange bread paddles and vegetables around.