Spicy Baked Potatoes with Mushrooms
- Yield 8 servings
These potatoes are hearty enough to serve as a main course.
- 4 medium baked potatoes
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Beau monde
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 -- (8-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- -- Italian-style breadcrumbs
- Bake potatoes in microwave until slighty soft. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp. Beat until smooth, while adding sour cream and seasonings. Heat milk on high for 1 minute, and gradually add to potato mixture. Saute mushrooms, chicken broth and onions, and fold into potato mixture. Fold in cheese. Fill shells and sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Microwave or broil until heated through. These freeze well.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Springfield, Missouri, Inc.’s Women Who Can Dish It Out (Springfield, Missouri, 1997).