Spicy Asian Chicken Burritos
- Yield servings
- Spicy Asian Chicken Burritos:
- 1 88 ounces envelope Kung Pow Chicken Seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 6 large rice paper wraps
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 cups cabbage shredded angel hair style (purple and green looks pretty)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- Coconut Peanut Sauce (see ingredients below)
- Coconut Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
In a small bowl combine seasoning packet, sugar, soy sauce, and juice together. Mix well and set aside.
Heat chili oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion and stir fry for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Add peanuts, water chestnuts, celery and contents of seasoning bowl. Stir well and cook for 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Set aside.
Soak rice paper wraps one at a time in warm water for 30 seconds each. Lay wrap on a clean kitchen towel to absorb excess water. Top each wrap with equal amounts of cucumber, cilantro, cabbage, carrots, and chicken stir fry in that order. Drizzle each with 2 T. coconut peanut sauce and fold wrap tightly burrito-style. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and colorful Asian chilis. Serve with additional coconut peanut sauce for dipping. Makes 6 servings.
Coconut Peanut Sauce:
In a small mixing bowl, dissolve sugar into the vinegar. Add red pepper, peanut butter, and coconut milk. Microwave on high for one minute. Whisk until smooth.