- Yield 8 servings
These wonderful walnuts with a touch of spice, heat and sweet can be tossed in salads, served on cheese trays or eaten as a snack.
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven 375F.
- Spread walnuts across baking sheet and toast until golden brown, around 5-7 minutes.
- Mix sugar, salt, garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add nuts, making sure to coat them. Toss in seasoning mix, and stir nuts until entirely coated.
- Place nuts on a paper towel to cool.