Spiced Snapper with Georgia Pecan Crust
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4cup Georgia pecan halves
- 1/2cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1small jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1large clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon allspice
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 to 8 ounces each), skin on
- 4teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 lime
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350F. Oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- In food processor fitted with chopping blade, combine pecans, breadcrumbs, jalapeño, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, salt and allspice. Pulse briefly just until mixture is coarsely chopped though well combined.
- Rinse the fish and thoroughly pat it dry. Spread pecan mixture on a large plate. Press the flesh side of each fillet into mixture to coat completely with a thick crust.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet (preferably nonstick) over medium heat. Add two fillets, crust sides down, and cook just until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. With a large spatula, remove fillets to baking sheet, turning over to place them skin side down. Repeat with remaining oil and fillets.
- Place fillets in oven and cook until the flesh is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to serving plates, sprinkle with juice of lime and top with green onion.
Recipe courtesy of the Georgia Pecan Commission
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 365
- Fat 18g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 160mg
- Sodium 480mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 42g