Spiced Ruby Potato Salad
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
This rich-tasting colorful salad brings any main dish to life, especially grilled or picnic items.
You can use fresh peas, which need to be steamed lightly, or frozen peas.
- 2 pounds red bliss or all purpose potatoes, cut into large dice
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 (7.5-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet or jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano or cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup thawed frozen green peas or steamed fresh
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup fresh corn cut from the cob
- Combine potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook 15 to 18 minutes until tender. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Combine potatoes and all remaining ingredients including corn, if using. Toss well. Allow to stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.