Spiced Pumpkin Pie
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 40 mins
Vary the spices to get it just the way your crowd likes it.
A classic that always pleases.
- 2 -- eggs
- 1 -- unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15-ounce) pumpkin
- 1 can (12-ounce) evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Brush rim of crust with 2 teaspoons beaten egg.
- Add brown sugar and next 6 ingredients (brown sugar through pumpkin); beat at medium speed until blended. Gradually beat in milk. Pour into unbaked crust. Bake 40 minutes, or until custard is set. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.