Brandon Hernandez | Kitchenette
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1/2cup pumpkin beer
- 1/2cup unsalted butter
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup light brown sugar
- 2large eggs
- 1cup mashed pumpkin (canned or roasted and mashed)
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup pecans, pulverized
- 1/4teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/8teaspoon nutmeg
- 1cup Maple Spice Crème Fraîche
- For the Maple Spice Crème Fraîche
- 1cup crème fraîche
- 1 1/2tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/4teaspoon clove, ground
- Pour the beer into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together using an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until fully incorporated. Add the pumpkin, baking soda, salt, flour, nuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and beer and mix until fully incorporated.
- Use a spatula to transfer the mixture to a greased loaf pan.
- Place in the oven and bake until a long toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- For the Maple Spice Creme Fraiche: Mix all of the ingredients together until they are completely incorporated. Chill or serve at room temperature.
This recipe from Honest Cooking was republished with permission. It originally appeared as Pumpkin Beer Bread at Kitchenette.