Spiced Pineapple-Carrot Kugel
- Yield 12 servings
This easy-to-prepare kugel, made with canned pineapple and carrots, as well as apples, cranberries and almonds, is the perfect side dish.
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 -- (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 2 -- apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup matzoh meal*
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Combine sliced carrots, pineapple, apples, matzoh meal, cranberries, slightly beaten egg yolks, almonds, cinnamon and coriander in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; gently fold them into the carrot-pineapple mixture. Pour into the baking dish; bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until lightly browned.