Spiced Pineapple-Carrot Kugel
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1-- (15-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1-- (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 2-- apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2cup matzoh meal*
- 1/4cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 3large eggs, separated
- 1/4cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon ground coriander
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Combine sliced carrots, pineapple, apples, matzoh meal, cranberries, slightly beaten egg yolks, almonds, cinnamon and coriander in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; gently fold them into the carrot-pineapple mixture. Pour into the baking dish; bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 90
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 55mg
- Sodium 105mg
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 3g