Spiced Orange Salad
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Sweet citrus and warm spices make a unique combination.
This garlicky Moroccan salad features a spicy dressing over plump orange slices. Serve chilled or at room temperature with pork, beef or lamb.
- 3 large seedless navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Grate rind from 1 orange with a zester or citrus grater. Remove peel and pith from all oranges. Slice oranges into 1/2-inch-thick round slices; place in a small mixing bowl with zest.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another small bowl. Pour dressing over oranges and toss carefully. Arrange orange slices on salad plates and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Recipe by Cheryl Forberg, author of Stop the Clock! Cooking: Defy Aging—Eat The Foods You Love (Avery/Penguin, 2003).