Spiced Hard Cider
- Yield: 1 servings
- 1/2ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2ounce simple syrup
- 1pinch ground allspice
- 1pinch ground cinnamon
- 1pinch ground cloves
- 1 1/2ounces applejack (a brandy distilled from apples)
- 5ounces hard cider
- Apple slices, for garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the lemon juice, simple syrup and spices. Add the applejack and fill the shaker with ice; cap and shake for 5 seconds.
- Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice cubes and top with the hard cider. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon stick and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Host: A Modern Guide to Eating, Drinking and Feeding Your Friends © 2016 by Eric Prum and Josh Williams, Dovetail