Spiced Grilled Salmon
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Sugar and spice, and a clean wooden plank for grilling the salmon.
Seasoning salmon with a spice rub is an easy way to pump up the flavor. This recipe is adapted from The Sustainable Kitchen: Passionate Cooking Inspired by Farms, Forests and Oceans by Stu Stein, Mary Hinds and Judith Dern.
- Spice rub:
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika or Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 oz.)
- Preheat the grill.
- To prepare the spice rub, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture over top of salmon. Place salmon skin side down on plank. Place plank on grill. Cook, covered, until salmon flakes with a fork, about 10 minutes. Serve with Cucumber Mango Relish.