Spiced-Crusted Chicken Thighs
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Served with a Cucumber and Lemon Raita, these chicken thighs are flavored with cardamon, coriander and cumin.
- 6 -- chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 -- cucumber, unpeeled, grated
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In small bowl, combine and mix well the cardamom, coriander, cumin, fennel, one teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Reserve one teaspoon spice mixture. Spread remaining spice mixture on dinner plate. Brush chicken thighs evenly with one tablespoon olive oil. Press chicken thighs into spice mixture, coating evenly. Set chicken aside.
- Place grated cucumber on several layers of paper towels; top with more paper towels. Pat well to remove excess water from cucumber. In medium bowl, stir together cucumber, yogurt, lemon zest, garlic, cayenne and reserved one teaspoon spice mixture. Season with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
- Warm the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook in single layer until skin is golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, turn chicken, and cook until done, about 4 to 5 minutes longer.
- Place chicken thighs on serving platter; top with yogurt sauce and serve immediately.
Adapted from Weir Cooking in the City by Joanne Weir.