Spiced California Walnuts
- Yield: servings
- 2cups California Walnut halves
- 1 egg white
- 1tablespoon water
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 225F and line a large shallow baking pan with foil. Combine the egg white and water. Beat until foamy. Add the nuts and toss to coat.
- Pour the mixture into a strainer and let drain 2-3 minutes. Combine sugar, cinnamon and allspice in a plastic or paper bag, shaking the bag to mix. Add the walnuts; hold the bag shut and shake vigorously to coat the nuts.
- Spread nuts in one layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely, stirring occasionally and breaking nuts apart if stuck together. Don’t worry if they stick to the foil, it is easy to peel them off.
- Store in a tightly-capped jar.